ADDITIONAL DETAILS UNVEILED: DWAYNE JOHNSON TO ATTEND EXCLUSIVE ‘BLACK ADAM ROCKS CANADA’ FAN EVENT AT CINEPLEX’S THE REC ROOM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – September 26, 2022 – Warner Bros. Pictures Canada has unveiled today additional details about global superstar Dwayne Johnson’s visit to Toronto to celebrate the theatrical release of BLACK ADAM this October.
On October 13, Johnson will attend ‘BLACK ADAM Rocks Canada’, an exclusive fan event at Cineplex’s The Rec Room in downtown Toronto. The event – which is presented by Audi Canada, Cineplex, and Rogers Sports & Media – will see more than 900 fans enjoy world-exclusive photo opportunities, complimentary food, and a special advance screening. Fans in attendance will also have the chance to win thousands in exclusive prizing including:
- A trip to Los Angeles for a winner and guest (includes airfare, hotel, and tickets to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood) – courtesy of IMAX®
- Annual CineClub Memberships – courtesy of Cineplex
- An evening at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto, including complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea for two
- Lower-bowl tickets to a professional hockey game in Toronto
- Lower-bowl tickets to a professional basketball game in Toronto
- An evening at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, including complimentary cocktails
- BLACK ADAM Under Armor prize packs
- McFarlane Toys prize packs
- Pre-paid credit cards
BLACK ADAM Rocks Canada will be hosted by Mark Strong (Strizzzy) and fans will also enjoy a DJ set from Recording Artist, Producer and the Official DJ of the Toronto Raptors, 4Korners. All attendees will receive exclusive BLACK ADAM swag to showcase their excitement.
Following the event, attendees will March to the Movie, led by Rhythm Works, from Cineplex’s The Rec Room to Cineplex’s Scotiabank Theatre Toronto where they will become among the first in Canada to watch BLACK ADAM, before its theatrical release on October 21.
There are a number of ways for fans to win their way into this exclusive event, details are below:
- Beginning September 27, Rogers Sports & Media will offer coast-to-coast viewers of Breakfast Television, and listeners of SONiC (British Columbia), KISS 91.7 (Edmonton), and KISS 105.3 (Ottawa) the chance to win a trip to the event, including airfare and hotel accommodations. KISS 92.5 (Toronto), 100.5 (North Bay), and 102.7 (Kingston) will offer listeners in Ontario the chance to win to tickets to the event.
- On a weekly basis, @WarnerBrosCA will surprise and delight select social followers with tickets to the event
- @FANEXPOCanada will be giving away tickets on their social media
- Cineplex will surprise and delight select CineClub members with tickets to the event
- A wide range of local partners in Toronto will be hosting giveaways on their social media pages, including but not limited to: Dead Dog Records, Gotham Central Comics, Club Enhergy, Hairy Tarantula, Kops Records, Manic Coffee, See-Scape, Silver Snail, Storm Crow Manor, The Dock Ellis, The Grand Order of Divine Sweets
ABOUT BLACK ADAM
The world needed a hero, it got #BlackAdam.
From New Line Cinema, Dwayne Johnson stars in the action adventure “Black Adam.” The first-ever feature film to explore the story of the DC Super Hero comes to the big screen under the direction of Jaume Collet-Serra (“Jungle Cruise”).
Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the ancient gods—and imprisoned just as quickly—Black Adam (Johnson) is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.
Johnson stars alongside Aldis Hodge (“City on a Hill,” “One Night in Miami”) as Hawkman, Noah Centineo (“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”) as Atom Smasher, Sarah Shahi (“Sex/Life,” “Rush Hour 3”) as Adrianna, Marwan Kenzari (“Murder on the Orient Express,” “The Mummy”) as Ishmael, Quintessa Swindell (“Voyagers,” “Trinkets”) as Cyclone, Bodhi Sabongui (“A Million Little Things”) as Amon, and Pierce Brosnan (the “Mamma Mia!” and James Bond franchises) as Dr. Fate.
Collet-Serra directed from a screenplay by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, screen story by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani, based on characters from DC. Black Adam was created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck. The film’s producers were Beau Flynn, Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia and Dany Garcia, with Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Chris Pan, Eric McLeod, Geoff Johns and Scott Sheldon.
“Black Adam” smashes into theatres and IMAX internationally beginning 19 October 2022 and in North America on October 21, 2022. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.